Monday, June 3, 2013

June 2 Email


Hello from K-Town,

Elder Nixon commin at ya with another update. Had a good week. My first transfer here I had one meal invite from a member, this week we had one pretty much everyday. We went with members three different times to meat buffets and oh yea we're going again today. So yea go ahead and ask me how that putting on weight is coming, because it's great. more to love. Something about eating in members houses and some restaurants is that you sit on the floor with your legs crossed the whole meal. Maybe you already knew that because it's pretty typical Asian culture, but its so hard sometimes. I always thought I was relatively flexible, but apparently not, hah. Last night we ate at a member's house and at about the forty five minute mark I had to give in and uncross my legs. They felt bad for me and went and grabbed this tiny baby stool for me to sit on which was very kind of them but made me feel pretty stupid, hah. I told them I was fine and just sat on the floor with my legs uncrossed.

So this week we had a mission conference where the entire mission got together for one last time,(since the mission is splitting). The whole time all the missionaries were speculating on which mission they would end up in. Transfers are two weeks from this Wednesday and that's when we know which mission we remain in. Everyone finds out the Saturday before so I'll be able to tell you in the my email home in 2 weeks. I have no idea which I'll be in and I'll be really happy with either. I think there might be a slightly greater chance of me staying in the current mission (Seoul proper) just because lots of new missionaries seem to stay in their first areas for a while, but anything could happen. It was weird being at that conference not knowing who you won't see for the rest of your mission, but it was really awesome to get to see everyone at least one last time.
 
This week has been me striving to be humble and patient just as most weeks here. I came a across a scripture that is simple but brought me a lot of comfort. It's Hebrews 6:15 "And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise" I've learned being patient is something we have to maintain and not just have just like so many other things in this gospel. 
From 녹번 with love. 
Elder Nixon 

No comments:

Post a Comment