Monday, December 8, 2014

December 7- Christmas Season!

Wow, I can't believe it's December! It sure does feel like it here, but I still can't believe it. Everything I heard about the last portion flying by is 100% correct. I feel like I emailed yesterday!

We had a good-really busy week! We had lots of exchanges, meetings and such. It is tradition in these meetings that all the missionaries going home soon have to stand up and give a "last testimony". It felt so weird giving mine. I always saw people give theirs and thought that I still had tons of time till mine and never thought much about it. But, 2 minutes before starting our meeting at the mission home, President asked me to give mine. I totally didn't realize that it was already my turn and that I was the oldest missionary there. It was on the spot, but I ended up talking about the way the mission has changed my life and made me much happier than I ever could have imagined.

There seemed to be a lot of "lasts" this week. It was also my last trip to the Seoul Temple. I randomly met Elder Jensen there with his parents, which was a surprise. I also saw Sister Jeong as a missionary for the first time. She got baptized in Bong Cheon ward 2 months before I got there and was a recent convert while I was there. She got called to our mission and came last week! Her name is really common among Koreans so I didn't think much of it when I saw it, but I was so surprised when I realized who it was. I never thought I would be her zone leader, haha. Anyways, I've had the chance to go to the temple my entire mission every 6 weeks. Among the many things I've learned and experienced out here, I've really come to love going to the temple. I never really anticipated learning a lot about the Temple or even going to the Temple while I was a missionary, but I have so much. I feel like those times I went really did affect my missionary work and gave me strength. It helps me understand the importance of going often and making it a part of my life. I'm sad that I won't get to go to the Seoul Temple as often, but excited to continue going regularly when I go home.

This week Brother Jeong sent us a text asking about why we have to go to church and if believing Christ is enough to be saved. It was ironic, because we learned in our mission meetings this week that this month's focus was stressing the importance of church attendance to our investigators. We had a really good lesson mainly focused on the Sacrament. Our number one purpose in going to church is to remember Christ and to learn his teachings so that we can remember him throughout the week. We mentioned that people can say I have Christ in my heart and don't need church, but it seems really hard to remember that our whole life without any reminders. And in a lot of ways, that's what church is for. It is a reminder that Christ is in our heart. It was a lesson that I felt like I learned so much in!

This time of the year is such a special one for missionary work. I feel like just because it's the time of the year that we celebrate the Savior's birth, I am that much more inclined to share the message of his gospel. One day this week, we prayed in the morning and I specifically asked that we might have an an opportunity to serve someone who needed help even if it was small. That night, we on our way to visit a less active transferring through a big subway station when I noticed a big group of Americans who all looked confused and frustrated. I asked if they needed help and they asked how to get to a certain station. I told them they were on the wrong platform and guided them to the right direction. They were really appreciative and seemed so relieved. It was extremely small, but it was so big to me to have an answer to a prayer come that way.

As I wrote earlier, lots of lasts.....today we are going to my last meat buffet!!! I have to eat like I never have before! I love you all so much and appreciate all the support!

Peacenblessins From 수원, with love. Elder Nixon

No comments:

Post a Comment