Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Week 6- March 5


3 Weeks!!! 3 weeks and I'm up and outta here!! I think I've been anxious to leave ever since I got here, but this week it started to actually feel like it's almost here. The weather got nice enough in Provo that we actually got to go outside!! You have no idea how good it feels to study not looking at those same four walls.

The new district comes in tomorrow which is exciting! It's crazy because there are twice as many sisters!! We tallked to a district president on Sunday who said that the Sister/Elder ratio will eventually be 50/50. He said there are something like 3,000 missionaries in the MTC now and come the summer there will be in the neighborhood of 7,000 Missionaries in the MTC(s). Glad I'm leaving now instead of 4 months from now, haha. It's weird to think that if I was on the 12 week program I would only be halfway...I have mad respect for anyone that can stay here for 12 weeks, haha. The MTC is great, but it's really hard not to look ahead to the field when it is this close. My companion and I were talking today about how different things will be in the field. We've sort of gotten used to this MTC lifestyle where everyone loves you here and is nice to you and builds you up compared to when you get to the field and most people don't even notice you, haha.

I feel I should know more Korean, but oh well. My teacher said the missionaries that learn the best are those that can develop good habits early on in the mission and I feel like I'm keeping to my goals I set for Korean and stuff. I can't wait to learn through immersion. The classroom is good for studying language and from what I've heard you can't just get to an Asian country and pick up the language from hearing it everywhere since it's so different. I know I can keep on with it in the classroom.

This week I sort of had a moment where I thought to myself, "How many people in the world even get a chance to learn Korean?". I can't remind myself enough that I have been so lucky to be where I am, doing what I am doing. That being said, I can't think I'm learning for myself, but rather for those people searching for the Gospel and the Korean people I get to serve. They are the reason I am here and the motivation I have for becoming the best missionary I can be. Hope everyone is doing good! I love you and can't wait to keep you updated on this great experience.

From Provo w/Love,
Elder Nixon

No comments:

Post a Comment